Wednesday, January 31, 2007

London

21 - 23 janvier 2007


Coming in to London was a bit of a shock to the system. I couldn't get over the fact that everyone was English-speaking.

To be honest, I never had much interest in going here but I really enjoyed my short stay - despite having to study for an exam. I found that the people were all super helpful and friendly. I just felt really at ease there.

The guy that picked me up from the airport decided to give me a running tour/history lesson of London on the way to the hostel which was great.

I stayed in the Generator Hostel. It is by far the most massive hostel I've ever seen. It holds hundreds of people and has amenities that are open nearly 24/7. The area was quite nice - it's right near Russell Square where the Uni of London is so it's full of students.

The only downfall was the weather. It was so painfully cold - I have never experienced anything like it before. I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering when I was outside after 5pm!

I also went to the movies in London and watched "Babel". To my absolute delight, part of the film was set in Morocco. I was wondering why the set looked so familiar! The film was alright but I found the Japanese section a little awkward.


Dismal view from the back of the hostel

No comments: